Hey you, lovely you!
Hope your Memorial Day weekend has been lovely so far!
Tonight I wanted to share a few of my favorite things to watch – if there’s one thing I’m a little too obsessed with, it’s BBC period dramas.
Seriously, I could recite almost all of the 5 hour long Pride and Prejudice mini series, and I would choose BBC period dramas over ANYTHING – really!
So I’ve rounded up a few of my favorites, and a new one I’ve just started watching this week! I mean, who doesn’t need some new entertainment these days?
- Pride and Prejudice Mini Series (1995) – no, not the one with Kiera Knightley… you definitely need to spend 5 hours watching this. SO, SO worth it!
2. Persuasion (2007) – This is one of the MOST beautifully films I’ve seen – the cinematography is incredible and I love the sweet story! If you’ve seen the 1990s version (*cringe*) don’t let that scare you away – this is completely different!
3. Sense and Sensibility Mini Series (2008) – My ALL TIME favorite Jane Austen adaption! You’ll see why once you watch it. (oh, but you’d better be sure to skip that first scene…) Anything filmed on the coast has my heart for sure!
4. Little Women Mini Series (2017) – I feel like this adaption is so underappreciated because of the Greta Gerwig version that came out at Christmas, and sure I personally do prefer the one with Timothee Chalamet (I mean, who wouldn’t? 😍) but I love love love that this 2017 version is a mini series, so you can really see the characters develop! Highly recommend!
5. North & South Mini Series (2004) – Okay, I’ll admit the #1 reason I like this show if for the soundtrack, but the story is intriguing too! Must say it’s kinda depressing because it’s set in a bleak city, (and, spoiler alert! some people die…) but if you’re in a melancholy mood, this is the show for you!
6. Howard’s End Mini Series (2017) – I left this one for last because I know the least about this! My sister Emma and I started watching this just last week and were IN AWE of the beauty – costumes, accents, actors, sets – they’re the epitomy of perfection! Disclaimer the story is not action packed, but it’s still sweet! I’ve only seen the first 2 epidosdes, so I can’t fully assure you that it’s good, but so far I’m in love!
Just now realizing that 5 out of 6 of these recs were mini series – guess now you see that I love those more than average-length movies haha! If you watch any of these, let me know your thoughts!
Lots of love,